Using the Patchbay:
1. The right hand side of the patchbay houses three XLR inputs which link up to the three mic channels on the desk.
2. Plug your microphone into one of the XLR inputs on the patchbay.
3. Finally, if your microphone of choice requires phantom power, make sure to pick up a phantom power box from the music technology stores. You will need a phantom power box as the Soundcraft Series 10 desk does not have built in phantom power.
Using the Desk:
1. Each channel on the desk has an EQ section.
2. Next, there are pan and gain dials for each channel. The red LED below the gain dial labelled ‘Peak’ will light up when the channel is clipping.
3. Turn up the fader for your microphone(s).
4. Turn up the ‘Main Out’ fader. This is the master fader on this desk.
5. Finally, turn up the ‘Speaker Volume’ dial to a comfortable listening level.
6. The speakers will be automatically muted when one of the microphone faders is pushed up and the red LED will light up to show it has been muted. To listen to the microphones as you record, you will need to use headphones.