Using the MOTU 8Pre:
1. The MOTU 8Pre is routed directly to Logic Pro X, bypassing the desk. This makes it a lot simpler to record projects such as voiceovers and commercials.
2. The patchbay runs through to the back of the 8Pre, allowing direct access to the inputs. Plug your microphone into the patchbay using an XLR.
3. Each channel on the 8Pre has a –20dB pad, a phantom power switch and a gain dial.
4. Monitor the level of the input on the LED meters on the right hand side of the 8Pre.
Using the Mac:
1. First, open up Logic Pro X.
2. Next, choose the ‘Voiceover Recording’ template.
3. The template includes six mono tracks which each correspond to the six inputs on the 8pre with inputs seven and eight being used for the outputs from the desk.
Make sure you save the project before you start recording!
4. Finally, hit record whenever you’re ready!