1. Connect a mic in the live room to the stage box using an XLR. In this example we have connected our microphone to Live Room 1.
1. In the control room locate the XLR patchbay on the left hand side of the room.
Connect the Live Room number (1) that we are using to SSL Listen Mic In using an XLR.
2. Click the listen button in the bottom right hand corner of the desk.
3. Turn up the listen knob. This will now be audible through the control room. The listen knob sets the gain of the listen mic input preamplifier.
4. In order to record this listen mic input you’ll need to connect the listen mic input you’ll need connect the listen mic output to the Motu 16A inputs, on the bantam patchbay.
5. The listen mic does not provide phantom power, if the mic you are using requires +48V then please book out a phantom power box from tech stores.