This guide will provide a brief overview of the legendary Universal Audio 1176 FET Compressor.
1. The ‘Input’ control drives the level of the input signal going in to the compressor.
2. The ‘Output’ control drives the level of the output signal of the compressor.
3. ‘Attack’ controls the time the compressor takes to reach full compression once the signal has passed the threshold.
4. ‘Release’ controls the time the compressor takes to stop compressing after the signal has dropped below the threshold.
5. The four ‘Ratio’ buttons control the amount of compression applied to the signal once it has passed the threshold.
6. The four ‘Meter’ buttons control what the VU Meter displays.
GR displays gain reductions, how much you are compressing the signal.
+8 & +4 display the output of the compressor at different standards.
Off turns the unit off.