This guide will show you what to do if your your tracks are greyed out in Pro Tools and aren’t getting any sound.
Pro Tools Setup:
1. If your tracks in Pro Tools are greyed out then you need to reassign your I/O.
2. In Pro Tools top menu click Setup, then I/O.
3. Click Import Settings.
4. Choose the file that is titled ‘(Room) Default 5.1′ if you are working in 5.1 or ‘(Room) Stereo Default’ for stereo.
5. Click OK to confirm deleting unused paths/busses.
Note: You may have to reassign your track/ master bus output to a new one if you have moved between rooms.
Creating Your Own Input or Output Path:
1. In the I/O window click New Path.
2. Choose the amount of paths, type and name.
3. If you are creating more than one path, and tick the box ‘Add default channel assignments’, they will get assigned to inputs or outputs automatically.
4. Click Create and (assuming you haven’t ticked the box) assign the inputs or outputs simply by clicking in the area that represents the input/output you want the path to be.