This guide will explain how to safely connect the monitors, preventing any sudden loud sounds, and adjust the playback level.
Monitor Level Preparation:
1. Ensure the MONITOR LEVEL knob located on the lower right side of the SSL XL desk is set to the 0 value marking (fully anti-clockwise) before continuing this guide.
This will prevent any risk of loud pops or sounds from entering the speakers during this guide.
Patching in the Monitors on the Patch Bay:
1. Using bantam to bantam cables, patch MON Out L and R to MON In L and R respectively.
This will connect the desk’s monitor outputs to the Genelec 8040As.
Setting the Monitor Source:
1. In the MON SOURCE section located on the lower right side of the XL desk, press the MIX A button so that the button’s LED is on.
This will route the MIX A bus to the desk’s monitor outputs.
Adjusting Monitor Levels:
1. Within the master section located on the lower right side of the XL desk, push up the fader labelled MIX A, from the Infinity (∞) value mark to the 0 value mark.
This will increase MIX A’s output level.
2. Adjust the MONITOR LEVEL knob slowly to change the monitor volume to a safe listening level.