This guide will explain how to play an external playback device through the SSL XL desk. This is useful for listening to reference mixes or demos quickly and easily.
1. Make sure the MONITOR LEVEL dial is turned down (fully anti-clockwise).
Connecting a Device to the Desk:
1. On the lower right hand side of the desk is a 3.5mm jack socket located just above the TALK dial. This socket an input for the desk.
2. Use a cable that has a 3.5mm TRS jack on one end and whatever connector is needed for the desired external device on the other end e.g. 3.5mm TRS jack to 3.5mm TRS Jack for a smart phone’s headphone jack.
3. Connect your external playback device to one end of the cable and insert the 3.5mm TRS jack end into the socket.
Playing through the SSL XL:
1. On the external playback device, press play or turn up the volume if the device continuously plays.
2. Just above the socket is the MON SOURCE section which controls where the XL looks for its audio. Press the iJack button so that it is highlighted. This will instruct the XL to read from the iJack socket.
3. Slowly turn up the MONITOR LEVEL dial to a safe playback level.