1. On the SC48 you will notice there is a single fader on its own labeled Flex Channel.
2. The Flex Channel is a special fader strip that provides a dedicated fader, encoder, and LCD display along with channel Select, Solo and Mute switches for the currently selected channel.
The Flex Channel can be latched to ANY channel for uninterrupted control of a vital channel. This is useful if you are adjusting the level of a very dynamic input such as vocals but possibly also mixing on another bank of inputs.
Latch Using Console:
1. Select the input or output channel you want assigned to the Flex Channel.
2. Press the Select/Latch switch on the Flex Channel and again to confirm the dialog appears on-screen (or click Latch/Cancel on-screen).
1. Right click on the desired channel in the lower fader display and choose Latch.