1. First, make sure any tracks you want to monitor are not armed for recording. Do this by clicking the record enable button so it is not flashing.
SSL XL Desk:
1. On the desk, press the DAW button and make sure the trim control is set to 0. This sets the input of the channel to the corresponding output in Pro Tools.
2. Press the A button on the desk for the channel you want to monitor. This send the audio to mix bus A.
Push the channel fader up to 0 dB.
3. Ensure the Mix A button under is lit. The Mix A fader will act as the master fader for any audio being send to the mix A bus.
4. Push the Mix A fader up to 0dB.
5. Set the blue monitor control dial to an appropriate level, using the SPL meters for guidance.