Introduction to Operating System:
1. The Avid VENUE SC48 is a digital mixing desk designed for live situations.
It acts as a fully integrated live sound system that combines I/O, digital signal processing, and control into a single console.
2. The desk is essentially a computer and runs Avid’s VENUE D-Show Operating System.
Avid provide users with an “stand-alone” version of the OS so you can practice using it on your Windows computer.
This can be downloaded using the following link: http://akmedia.digidesign.com/support/compressed/DShow_285_Standalone_66689.zip
1. When you first boot up the desk you are faced with the Input screen.
Here you’ll have an overview of the selected input channel and all its various options.
You can select, name, configure and adjust parameters for input channels and FX returns.
1. On the Outputs screen you can select, name, configure and adjust parameters for outputs.
1. On the Filing Screen you can load, save and transfer shows and presets and access the desk’s history (previous settings).
1. Here you can store and recall settings, fader positions, aux sends etc.
You can also recall the default safe settings window under Recall Safe.
1. On Patchbay you can label channels and manually assign all I/O routing.
1. On Plug-Ins you can configure, arrange and assign plug-ins in plug-ins racks.
1. On the options screen you can configure the entire system.